Monday, August 24, 2015

Week #57 8-24-15


Mia & her sister got baptized!




Hey everyone hows it going?? Well Nampa is great! The weather has been kinda warm during the day, but the evenings are amazing! Boy have I missed my bike! I am constantly dripping in sweat and leaving butt prints on peoples couches because I am so sweaty! It is great! So we are covering two wards and its awesome! One of our wards, 10th ward, is awesome! They have like a 92% activity rate, which is insane! It is the most active ward in the mission! It's basically the city of Enoch! haha

Well not much happened this week, we are just trying to wrap our heads around everything that is going on in our area! Monday and tuesday, we taught a little girl named Mia who is ten and got baptized on saturday! It was the most stressful baptism of my life! We had to get the baptismal program ready and I had to conduct and we didn't know if the dad was going to confirm or not! It was just crazy because we didn't really know what was going on! It all  turned out great in the end though because they got dunked and confirmed and now they are the newest members of the ward! Oh yeah, her 8 year old sister got baptized with her! It was awesome! 

Spiritual thought:

 33 And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed.

 So I really love this verse! Especially the part that talks about Procrastinating the day of your repentance. I remember when we were on the Trek, Bro O gave me a huge rock and said I had to carry it the rest of the way, and if I wanted to get rid of it, then I had to talk to bishop! SO me being the prideful teenager, I was ready to carry it to my grave! Mainly to show of to the girls and show off my muscles! So I went for about and hour until I got sick of it so I went to bishop and asked if I could get rid of it! He asked why I didn't come right away, and I gave him some lame answer, but he then proceeded to tell me that this rock represented my sins. And when we sin, we have to carry a burden around with us. So it just makes it harder on us when we don't repent right away. So my challenge is to repent as soon as you recognize that you sinned, it may be hard, and it may humble you.But it is worth it in the end! 

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment