Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Week #24 1-5-15

Hey everyone How is it going?? Wow this week has been a long one! I feel like it has been forever since I have heard from anyone! But thanks to the Pickrons, Butlers, Currys, Burnhams, Grandma Rogers, My Mom and Dad, and everyone else who has sent me something during the holidays! It really makes my day whenever I get mail so you guys rock!

So highlights from this week:

Wednesday was a weird day! So we went to this families house and did some service. We cleaned their house but is was more like take loads of trash out of their house! It was probably the nastiest thing I have ever done! I was on the verge of throwing up the whole time! We literally filled a dump truck up with trash and took it to the dump! And the worst part was the refrigerator! I had my nose under my Garment top a t shirt a sweatshirt and a jacket over that and I could still smell it! I was gagging the whole time! Everything was moldy and nasty! I barley made it through it!  I was gonna take a match and burn it because it would be much faster! Haha no it was actually a really humbling/ sad experience! Humbling because I realized how much I take for granted and I need to work on it! Sad because this family was living in terrible conditions and I felt bad for them!

New Year's was fun! We went to our ward mission leaders house and had a good dinner! They made us ribs and Homemade mac n cheese and it was really good! Then they made home made Ice cream and another family in the ward came over and we hung out and stuff then did some fire crackers with the little kids and stuff!  We had to be in at nine so we went home then! Then Elder Ward threw up and went to sleep and me and Lagunzad " Couldn't Sleep" until midnight! It was fun because we just talked and got to know each other better!

Then Friday and Saturday we went on exchanges! I was with Elder Olney who is from Showlow! We get along really good so we had a good time! We went out for Ice cream with Elder Van Wagoner and this family who bought us Ice cream and it was really good! Then on Saturday me and elder Olney went to this Jehovah Witness dude! He was really nice and let us in.. but he could talk your ear off! He started talking about the B.O.M and the next thing you know he is asking me about why should clip your safety belt on the inside of the Skyscraper instead of the outside! It was really funny! Well that is all I have for today, but I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers! No matter what you think, he is there for us! He won't give up on us so we shouldn't give up on him! 

Love ya
-Elder Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment