Thursday, November 26, 2015

Week #70 11-23-15


Breakfast with the Haws family in Nampa.


Elder Berry on exchanges

Hey everyone! How is it going? Life in Idaho is great! It is freezing, but good!

So this week was really good! I went on exchanges twice this week! One of them was with Elder Price who is from Scottsdale! He is a super cool kid and we had a blast! He lost a bet so he had to wear my white suspenders around all day and it was really funny!

My other exchange was with Elder Berry, who is from Alaska! He is funny! We had a good time! That day sucked though because we knocked on like 20 doors and nothing happened! It was kind of a bummer, but that is okay because we had to take our car into Nampa to get fixed and we got to get breakfast with the Haws! That was really good to see them!

So we found a new investigator this week! That is seriously the first new investigator I have found in over three months! it was great! Her name is Brittany and she is GOLDEN!! Her Fiance got off his mission a year and a half ago and he has basically taught her the lessons already! They read scriptures together and are just awesome! So I am super pumped because she is ready to get baptized and it is going to be a good time! They are getting married on Dec 19th so we will see if it is going to be before or after that!

So on Sunday we had to speak in Sacrament and I had my talked all prepared and I was gonna talk about member missionary work and it was gonna be awesome! But in the middle of the sacrament I got the prompting to bag my talk and just go up and preach! So When it was my turn to speak I took my Book of Mormon and my Preach My Gospel and went hard in the paint!~ It was really cool, because I would have never been able to pull out a 20 minute talk before the mish! But now I can! haha!

16 And it came to pass that when I, Nephi, had spoken these words unto my brethren, they were angry with me. And it came to pass that they did lay their hands upon me, for behold, they were exceedingly wroth, and they did bind me with cords, for they sought to take away my life, that they might leave me in the wilderness to be devoured by wild beasts.

17 But it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea, even give me strength that I may burst these bands with which I am bound.

18 And it came to pass that when I had said these words, behold, the bands were loosed from off my hands and feet, and I stood before my brethren, and I spake unto them again.


Faith is a very very powerful thing. More specifically Faith in Jesus Christ! When we have Faith in Him, all things are possible. Faith is what gives us the opportunities to perform or receive miracles! So If you want Miracles to happen, start with Faith!

I love you guys and thanks for all the support! You are the best! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment